Feel good. Look good.
Once upon a time, I had a personal trainer. I would meet him twice a week for weight training and cardio. I would even layer in two additional gym days all by myself (pretty good, huh?). I will always credit him for helping me come back from what I call, "The Baby Abyss". You know, that time right after you have a baby when you seriously start to question if your body will ever go back to the way it was. When I was at the gym, I would always notice how many gals either had on full-fledged makeup or not a stitch of makeup. Then there was me... the "No Makeup" makeup gal. I don't like to wear a bunch of makeup at the gym (for all the obvious reasons) but I do like to have some color and look put together.
After my trainer moved away from Phoenix, I decided it was time to try a new workout. Since then, I have been exploring all kinds of fun stuff to get active. Have you ever done a Barre class? Plus, my boys are getting super active and I love doing as many physical activities with them as possible. I adore this picture of Dean and I above, look how determined his little face looks as he runs laps to help raise money for his school. So cute.
So next time you decide to hit the gym or run around with your little ones think of these 5 beauty tips:
1. Spray leave-in conditioner on your hair: I love doing this. I am always short on time and I don't usually have the time to sit and deep condition my hair. So what I'll do is spray on a leave-in conditioner and throw my hair back in a pony tail. It works perfectly to deep condition my hair while I workout. After you shower, my hair wil feel hydrated. I've even tried a hair mask and that works too. Click here to see my favorite.
2. Tinted moisturizer: I use a tinted moisturizer that is water resistent to even out my skintone and add a bit of color. It is also has the benefit of SPF if you are exercising outside. Click here to see my pick.
3. Wateroroof mascara: A must-have when working out. Helps to prevent raccoon eyes! Try this one here.
4. Cheek stain: Cheek stain is the best way to guarentee that your color will not fade off. Plus you can also wear it on your lips instead of lipgloss so it stays longer. I love this one here.
5. Lipgloss: I like wearing a lipgloss instead of using a lip/cheek stain. I like and need the hydratrion on my lips. This one here is my fave!
p.s. - In February, I got an email from the person in charge of creating local buzz for the Reebok Spartan Race (have you heard of this?). The race going to be held here in Phoenix and they do challenges all around the world. Think Iron Man meets the movie 300. He asked if I would be interested in doing the challenge (they are trying to introduce more women to the race), give one of my readers a free race code to participate, and blog about all of it. I was out of town the weekend of the challenge so I couldn't participate, but take a look here to see how super cool and duper challenging it is. Yeah... anyone want to join me next year? You'll have to excuse me now, I need to start training to participate in the 2015 Reebok Spartan Challenge. Who's with me? We can use my beauty tips above!