Lovely thoughts: Give a gal the right foundation and watch her world change! Finding the right foundation is almost like finding a perfect LBD. So, here it is! I put together a list of my favorite foundations that you will love. Some of them are new and some of them are tried and true. Remember, it's never about how expensive a foundation is, or it's pretty little fancy packaging, it's about the results it delievers to you. We expect more out of our foundation, right?
p.s. dont' forget to get color matched!
1. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua - this is one of my personal favorites. I know I talk about this one a lot. It's beacause I really love it! Here's why: it's ultra-light and feels like you are not wearing any foundation. It gives light coverage but just enough to conceal minor imperfections. I like wearing it on daily basis when I'm on the go. It is lightly scented with Chanel fragrance (major plus for me) and is best applied with your fingers or a beautyblender.
2. Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation - Marc Jacobs recently launched his beauty line at Sephora. I was really intrigued by this foundation because of the"lifestyle ingredients" a.k.a. Buoyancy Gel. Basically, it is a luxurious foundation that gives light to (very buildable) medium covergae. It melts into the skin and gives a heathly glow. I really love this foundation because it's a step-up in covergae form Chanel Vitalumeire Aqua. I wouldn't expect a traditional full coverage form this. It's a major plus that it comes with a pump. One thing to mention is it does NOT have SPF (I wish it did). It's really lovely!
3. Lamcome Teint Idole Ultra 24H - This foundation won The Oprah Magazine Makeup O-Ward in 2012 and rightfully so. It's one of the best full-coverage, long-lasting foundation out there. I love how it immediately erases redness and minimzes pores. The long-wear is perfect for weddings and special occasions when you need full-coverage with a velevty matte finish. It's an added bonus that is comes in 28 shades to match all skintones!
4. Tarte Maracuja Miracle Foundation - If you have dry skin (like me) you will really love this foundation. Aside from it's cute little eco-friendly packaging it is a potent moisturizing liquid foundation that is good for your skin. It has a ton of benefits for the skin including vitamin C for a heathly glow & Maracuja Oil that can replenish and rebuild the skin. Adore!
5. Jouer Matte Moisture Tint SPF 15 - I would consider this more of a BB cream. I wanted to include this for all of my friends out there that have oily skin and have felt that they couldn't get into the whole BB/CC trend because of their skin concerns. This is a perfect one to try! It is has a velvety-matte finish that is oil-free. Plus the mattifying tint gives beautiful light coverage to conceal imperfections. Worth trying!
6. Revlon Colorstay Combination/Oily Skin - Oh Revlon, you are a tried and true favorite! I think this is one of the best foundations out there for combination skin. It's great beacuse it is a long-wearing foundation that helps control oil and shine. You have to love the price point too!
7. Studio Gear CC - Okay, this is my NEW favorite CC cream! The difference between a BB cream and a CC cream is that a CC cream offers more coverage. With that said, Studio Gear's CC cream is a hit! It has a purpleish tint inside the tube but when you apply it to the skin, it adapts to your skintone and gives a hydrated natural glow! I wish it came in more colors!
8. Cover FX Mineral Foundation - I want to preference this by saying that I am a Bare Minerals gal. I have always been reluctant to try another mineral makeup until now. I was really impressed with this pressed mineral foundation. Mainly because the full-covergae it can provide and it has great staying power. There is no shimmer (from what I see), no talc, or gluten. It also comes in 24 shades!
9. Cover Girl Whipped Creme - There is the new kid in my makeup bag! Maybe I'm just into this whipped and bouncy thing but this is a great little foundation that is super light with sheer to light coverage. It has a mousselike texture and feels great on the skin! Perfect for a lazy Sunday!