Lovely Thoughts: This week I was planning on sharing a completely different tutorial with you on the blog (I'll save it for anyother day!) . I posted this look for Try It Tuesday on my Facebook page. I got a few emails and messages asking what eye makeup I had on. Everyone seemed to be interested in the metallic-looking shade. The big question is: Can someone who is not in there teenage years wear a metallic eyeshadow? You sure can! I decided to turn the plum eyeshadow Try It Tuesday look into a tutorial. This is a very fall look, it has a "True Blood" feel that's perfect to take us into October!
The key to wearing metallic eyeshadow is the following:
- Make sure you have a good eyeshadow base that will extend the wear of the shadow and not allow it to crease in your lids. Nars is one of the best if you have oily lids.
- Select a metallic eye shadow that will not crease. I tried Maybelline EyeStudio Color Tattoo 24hr in Pomegrante Punk for the first time. I was interested in this one because I read it had ink pigments. It really did stay on and didn't crease! Worth a try if you want to create the look without spending a ton.
- Less is more. Only place metallic eyeshadow on your lower lids in a pat motion (including when you blend the plum and gold). Anywhere else would be too much!
I hope this answers everyone's questions. If not, you can send me a note at any time!
1. Nars Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base
2. Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow in Pomegranate Punk
3. MAC Palace Pedigreed
4. Bobbi Brown Metallic-Long Wear in Goldstone