Beauty Advice: Luxe or Less? One question that I hear often is, "Are luxe brands better than less expensive brands?" My answers is always, "You have to try them for yourself to decide!" So, I compared Tarte LipSurgence Natural Lip Stain in Moody, Amused, and Joy to Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Blam Stain in Crush, Lovesick, and Rendezous. Here's what I found!
Lovelist: went on smooth, super moisturizing, and true color pigment.
Wishlist: color lasted a bit longer.
Lovelist: long lasting, true to color, and peppermint smell.
Wishlist: smoother application and increased mositure.
Beauty Advice: I loved them both! Either brand would be a great buy. It really depends on your preference on moisture and wear. I personally prefer the Tarte lip stain because I love how moisturizing they are! Great way to incorporate color pop lips to your Spring/Summer look!
Here some tips on how to decide to go Luxe or Less!
Go LUXE if...
- You are an ingredient junkie. Most luxe brands list all of the ingredients on the packaging for you to review. Many contain no parabens and sulfates and have plenty of vitamins.
- You are into technology. May luxe brands pride themselves on clinically proven technology and results.
- You like to try before you buy. One benefit of a luxe brand is that you can try it on before you buy.
Go LESS if...
- You are on a budget. There are some amazing deals on drugstore cosmetic brands. (ULTA currently has the Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stains Buy 2 Get 1 Free!)
- You want to try a beauty trend without the investment. Great way to update your look without spending a lot.
- You don't mind taking a risk. Good news is, many beauty retailers have a great return policy if you get home and don't like to color!