Beautiful: Red is bold and beautiful. I will always have a special place in my heart for red lipstick. I joke that red lipstick changed my life. I started my beauty journey, while I was in college, after reading a social psychology article called, Does Red Lipstick Make A Woman More Attractive?, peaked my interest. To this day, I find it so interesting that a color can evoke so many different emotions in people.
Gorgeous: Red lipstick is gorgeous. Only red lipstick can beckon a variety of different emotions every time it's worn. It's timeless, it's classic, and it never goes out of style. And the good news is, it looks good on all skintones!
Makeup: Have you found your perfect red? Here are my favorites that range from ruby red to deep brick red. Try any of these picks to see if you can find your perfect red (trust me, I know how hard it is to find)! Also, please see my quick steps below on how to perfectly apply red lipstick, once you find yours! (photo by Heather Bennett Photography)
1. Bobbi Brown Lip Color in Burnt Red...$24. Details: Love Bobbi Brown lipsticks and this one is a perfect brick red in a semi-matte finish.
2. Nars Semi Matte Lipstick in Shanghai Express...$24. Details: This is one of my go to reds! It has a velvety non-drying texture and is a deep red!
3. MAC Lipstick in Ruby Woo...$15. Details: This is a bright ruby red that makes a bold and very pretty statement!
4. YSL Rouge Volupte in Red Taboo...$34. Details: For those of you that have kindly been reading my blog, you know how much I love YSL lipsticks. The gold packaging, the smooth and silky lipstick, the scent... love eveything! This is my favorite blue-red lipstick.
5. Chanel Rough Allure in Passion...$34. Details: Intense color with lasting power. This is more of a tomato red that very bold on!
6. Estee Lauder Signature Lipstick in Rich Red...$22.50. Details: Long wear and super creamy on the lips! This is a beautiful classic red (with a tiny bit of gold flecks).
7. Revlon Super Lustrous - Creme Lipstick in Love That Red...$7.99. Details: Revlon has been making this color since 1951! It is a bold red (kind of orange-red, in my opinion) that is truly fun and the price point is too good to pass up!
Do something lovely: Since Valentine's Day is right around the corner, wouldn't it be lovely to debut your perfect red? I hope you find it!
Special thanks to my sisters who once accompanied me to a red lipstick marathon at Macy's. We each tried on ever red lipstick in the store just to arrive at our own perfect shade! It was so fun!