Beautiful: Classics are beautiful. There is something captivating about timeless classics that never go out of style. Whether it's beauty or fashion, there are certain staples that every gal should have in her makeup and clothing wardrobe. Timeless!
Gorgeous: I first stumbled upon the gorgeous Lauren Finney's blog, Where The Style Things Are, after I saw her adorable Inslee by Design illustration (see above). Since then, I have become a fan of her blog (love the name!). Lauren is a feelance fashion writer and her work can be seen online in PageDaily, Huffington Post, and Cosmopolitan. Always stylish, she has put together five of her favorite picks to share with us - classics that never go out of style!
1. Oversized White Shirt by Brooks Brothers...$195. Details: I happen to have this particular one and LOVE it. I try to always get it in a small men's size - they're cut looser on the sides and fit me just right as opposed to shorter, slimmer women's cuts.
2. A Statement Necklace by Roberta Freymann...price online. Details: A statement necklace can go with shift dresses, white tees, button downs, strapless dresses, and more. It can elevate or even dress anything down!
3. A Single Sole Pump by Enzo Angiolini...$110. Details: A single sole pump never goes out of style. I just happen to think of glitter as a neutral!
4. Amazing Jeans You Love by MiH...$189. Details: Everyone knows a well-fitting pair of jeans can change your entire night, and the MiH Kick Flare Marrakesh is my pair. Whether with chunky sweaters in winter or cotton printed tops in summer, I can find an outfit for them always.
5. SchoolBoy Blazer by J. Crew in Navy...$198. Details: Pop up the collar (I have mine super starched), push up the sleeves, and the boring schoolboy blazer becomes the chicest topper over everything from tees and jeans to evening gowns.
Makeup: Here are my five favorite picks that every woman should have in her makeup bag!
1. Basic Matte Eyeshadow Palette by Urban Decay...$27. Details: This is the newest Urban Decay palette to be added to the Nakeds Collection and I love it. This is a must-have for all ages to create a neutral and flawless eye!
2. Neutral Lipstick by YSL in Blond Ingenu...$32. Details: This is a beautiful neutral lipstick that is a pink/peach nude color. This lipstick can go from a daytime look with a neutral eye to a nighttime look with a smoky eye. Love YSL lipsticks!
3. Basic Black Eyeliner by Make Up For Ever...$18. Details: I have tried almost every black eyeliner out there... and this is my favorite! Not only is it waterproof, it also goes on silky smooth. Try it, you'll see what I mean!
4. Definicils High Definiton Mascara in Black by Lancome...$27. Details: This is my all time favorite mascara. It seperates and defines every lash and does not clump (which is key for me). I compare every other mascara to this one!
5. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Skin Perfecting Foundation...$45. Details: This is my everyday go-to foundation. I love that it is light weight but covers (I would say light to medium coverage). It feels like nothing is on your skin and gives you a beautiful glow! (just remember to set with powder!)
Do something lovely: May 10, 2013 is World Lupus Day. Do something lovely and purchase a Sara Gorman Pillbag (I just purchased the Pillfold Bordeaux -- super cute!). For evey pillbag sold, 5% goes to a Lupus charity. To learn more about this autoimmune disease that affects women between the ages of 14 - 44, and has no known cause or cure, please visit the S.L. E. Lupus Foundation.
Special thanks to Lauren Finney for your wonderful guest post (I already purchased the shoes)! And for bravely sharing your story, On the Heels of Lupus for Fashion on Huffington Post. I must admit, I was not very familiar with Lupus prior to reading your article, and it prompted me to learn more. Thank you. You are brave, brilliant, and beautiful!