Beautiful: Spring is beautiful for so many reasons, but I love spring for two main reasons. First, I love the bold and bright makeup colors that accompanies Spring. Second, in Phoenix, we host MLB Cactus League Spring Training. For those of you who have never been to a Spring Training game, it's a must! The weather is perfect, the scenery is beautiful, and we have 15 out of the 30 MLB teams (everyone from the Angels to the Cubs)!
Gorgeous: If you are planning on visiting Phoenix or Flordia (Grapefruit League for my East Coast friends) to see some of your favorite baseball players in action, I put together 5 Spring makeup trends that will help keep you looking gorgeous while enjoying America's pasttime!
Makeup: This Spring it's all about glowing skin, bold brows, color pop lips in crimson and fuschia, lush lashes, and green and blue eye makeup. I like to focus on one trend at a time so it doesn't overwhelm your look. Here are some picks to help freshen-up your Spring.
1. Laura Mercier Foundation Primer in Radiance...$32. Details: This primer is amazing! Not only does it extend the wear of your foundation, it also adds a dewy glow to your skin!
2. Bare Ecentuals Brow Powder...$11. Details: This is one of the most natural looking brow powders that I have ever used. It's smudge-proof, and easy to blend. You can also apply it wet for a more distinct and bold look.
3. Sephora False Eyelashes...$10. Details: Wearing faux lashes is an easy way to take your eyelashes from lovely to lush! These lashes are great quality and I love the look!
4. Nars Mad Mad World Eyeshadow Duo...$34. Details: This eyeshadow duo is apart of the Nars Spring 2013 collection. Some of you may be thinking that these eyeshadows are a bit too much to pull off, but they are actually really beautiful on. You can use the shadows as an eyeliner to add just a pop of color!
5. Stila Color Balm Lipstick in Natasha...$22. Details: For lips, it's all about adding a crimson or fushia (also try Stila Color Balm in Betsey) to your lips. These have become an instant favorite of mine. They go on super smooth and have great pigment. Plus they smell like peppermint! Lip balm and lipstick in one!
Do something lovely: Woudn't it be lovely to bask in the sun and get a tan all while rooting for your favorite baseball team? Even if you don't know much about baseball, I promise it will be a great time! Grab your gals or special someone and enjoy!
Special thanks to my Dad who taught my sisters and I all about baseball ("there's no crying in baseball!"). Even though we don't have any brothers, and it was always just us girls, it never stopped him from proudly taking us out the ball game!