Beautiful: Wishes are beautiful. Especially during this time of year. Doesn't it seem like that child-like quality of wishing and hoping revisits us during the Holidays? I can remember that excitement and wonder as Christmas Day approached, the anticipation of getting that gift you'd hoped for seemed like it meant everything. Now, I find myself wishing and hoping but for different things. Like the opportunity to spend as much time as possible with those I love. Knowing how quickly time passes, I wish for more moments than anything else.
Gorgeous: It's usually around 4:00 a.m. when I wake up on Black Friday to meet my mom and my sisters for our standing date. We begin our day at Starbucks to fuel up on coffee before we review our strategy. For the record (not going to name any names), there is one sister who always arrives looking gorgeous (fresh-faced with full makeup on), one sister that doesn't really like shopping but is the voice of reason when we all start buying DVDs for $5 (who doesn't need an extra copy of the movie 300?), one sister who is pure comic relief for tense situations (like when Target runs out of Disney Princess dolls), and one sister that is a wild card (who needs a SodaStream?). As the years go by, we keep our Black Friday tradition of coffee, laughing, shopping, laughing, breakfast, laughing. Mainly because it has gotten harder to see each other as often. Some of us live away, some of us have little ones, some of us have high-demand jobs, and sometimes things just come up. But, for one early morning a year, it's just us, wishing that we had more time.
Makeup: I wanted to share with you some Holiday makeup collections on my Black Friday Wishlist this year!
1. Stila Snow Angel Color Palette...$39. Details: I love this palette because it looks like a snowflake! It has 12 cheek colors, 18 eye shadows, and comes with a Stay All Day Waterproof Volumizing Mascara. Cute! (image nordstrom.com)
2. Bobbi Brown Caviar and Oyster Palette...$75. Details: This collection has 8 eye shadows and a luminescent skin enhancer that can be worn on eyes and cheeks. So pretty! (image saks.com)
3. Tom Ford Beauty Lipstick Lip Service...$192.00. Details: This was on Oprah's Favorite Things 2012 http://www.oprah.com/gift-list/Oprahs-Favorite-Things-2012. This gift set comes with 4 lipstick that go on so smooth! Colors include: Spanish Pink, Crimson Noir, Nude Vanille, and Wild Ginger. So luxurious! (image neimanmarcus.com)
4. Sephora + Pantone Universe Precious Metal Shadow Palette...$48.00. Details: This is a must have this Holiday season! This eye shadow palette comes with 35 gorgeous shimmery metallic shades. You can apply wet for a more dramatic look! (image sephora.com)
5. Tarte For The Love of Lipgloss...$32. Details: The Maracuja lipgloss set has 15 glosses and is really 3 gifts in one! These luscious glosses are rich in Vitamin E and Maracuja Oil which helps to replenish and rebuild skin, leaving lips hydrated and soft. Perfect gift! (image ulta.com)
Do something lovely: Start a lovely tradition (if you don't have one already)! I promise it will be well worth it (even if it starts at 4:00 a.m.)! It's always so fun to share a daft experience with people who's company you enjoy. Don't forget to buy yourself something lovely as you shop for everyone else on your list (Sephora has some really great Black Friday steals, see below)!
Special thanks to my darling Brian who helps me do all the reconnassiance before my Black Friday mission. Thank you for braving the madness just to get me a physical copy of the coveted Black Friday newspaper (it just isn't the same looking at the ads online). You are my hero and I love you dearly! ps. - I'm really wishing and hoping that Santa brings me the Tom Ford Beauty Lipstick Lip Service collection!